The alternative milonga at CELLspace is a welcoming place for all styles of tango including milongero, open-embrace and fusion.
In order to perform, please contact Ben at email@example.com at least a week in advance. The point of a performance is to advertise lessons (workshops, regular classes, private lessons). Not for workshops? See below. Here are the guidelines for a dance performance:
- 2 songs, no more than 8 minutes total.
- Performance is around 10:30, after announcements.
- Please ask the announcer (usually the DJ) to make the introductions. We strive to have short announcements to allow people to get back to dancing as soon as possible.
- If there is a conflict, say 2 couples want to perform, it is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- It is not required, but recommended that you bring fliers with your workshop information.
- Please bring an iPod/iPhone/MP3 device is preferred so it is a simple matter of connecting to the device into our sound system.
- You must show up by 10:00 to work with DJ’s to cue up music. After that, it is at the DJ’s discretion whether to let you perform. Why so strict? We strive to keep people dancing as it is a short milonga and having more than one interruption in a night is tedious at best.
We/ I want to perform but not to promote classes
Please email Ben with your request and why you would like to perform.